Job Title:Accounting Administrator
Effective Date:February 3, 2020
Last Updated:February 3, 2020
Under the general supervision of the Controller, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for all assigned accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing and Inventory Management. They will also be expected to provide Scheduling and Reception back up as needed.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the accounts payable function for the society including gathering approvals, coding to the appropriate accounts, inputting transactions into Sage Accounting and generating payment for vendors.
- Maintains and updates accounting records by performing duties such as recording and posting transactions in journals and the general ledger for accounts payable, accounts receivable and general journals.
- Completes account reconciliations as assigned.
- Purchases supplies for the various sites and maintains stores inventory tracking on a regular basis.
- Manages the petty cash with regular reconciliation and replenishment.
- Prepares and issues invoices and follows up on late accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- Prepares various accounting summaries and reports. Compiles, maintains and produces statistics and reports.
- Responds to inquiries and requests regarding accounts payable and accounts receivable. Follows up to resolve errors and discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
- Expected to participate in Human Resources functions on an added needed basis (ie. Hiring interviews, performance reviews, assessments, etc).
- Required to perform relief supervision as needed.
- Becomes cross trained on the Reception and Scheduling functions to ensure adequate back up within the accounting team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft office package (including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong organizational skills
- The ability to rapidly change direction, shift focus, and be adaptive and flexible
- Initiative, tact and sound judgment when dealing with day to day issues
- Ability to multi-task and work in a faced paced, environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to a variety of priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to treat confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks and resolve issues not always within the scope of the role and often outside the job function
- The ability to work as an integral part of the team
- Ability to work with other teams collaboratively and create alignment within and across groups
- Strong team player
Training and Experience:
- Grade 12 plus post secondary courses of up to two (2) years in areas such as accounting or office procedures
- Three to five (3 – 5) years recent related experience
- Experience using accounting software, such as SAGE Accounting
Instructions for submitting your application:
Clearly refer to the Job Posting No. in the subject line of your e-mail and in your cover letter.
Please submit a cover letter and resume explaining how your education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities fit with the requirements for the position. Academic credentials will be verified.
Include the names of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior approval from the applicant.
Please submit your resume to Kim.email@example.com