POSITION: This position has been filled. Please check again later for vacancies in this department.
Job Title: Cook
Reports to: Site Manger
Effective Date: Open
Last Updated: Open
Turning Point Collaborative Society is looking for Casual On-Call Cooks to work at various residential/shelter sites.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu plan in accordance with accepted nutritional guidelines such as Canada’s Food Guide for Healthy Eating and the individual dietary needs of the clients.
- Prepares, cooks and serves meals and snacks, including those for special dietary needs and special occasions, in accordance with safety and health standards and the menu plan.
- Oversees the operation of the eating and cooking facilities and equipment and ensures their cleanliness and maintenance.
Education and Knowledge:
- Minimum Grade 10 plus education/training in cooking.
- Three to five years cooking experience in an industrial/commercial, high paced setting.
- Food Safe Level 2.
- The ideal candidate may have formal cook training but must have experience in large scale meal preparation.
- Criminal Record Check
Instructions for submitting your application:
Clearly refer to the Job Posting title in the subject line of your e-mail and in your cover letter.
Please submit a cover letter and resume explaining how your education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities fit with the requirements for the position. Academic credentials will be verified.
Include the names of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior approval from the applicant.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org