- Job Title: Cooks
- Reports to: Site Manager
- Effective Date: Open
- Last Updated: Open
Develops menu plans, prepares meals, and oversees the operation of the eating and cooking facilities. Delivers and serves meals at various sites.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a breakfast, lunch and dinner menu plan in accordance with accepted nutritional guidelines such as Canada’s Food Guide for Healthy Eating and the individual dietary needs of residents.
- Prepares, cooks and serves meals and snacks, including those for special dietary needs and special occasions, in accordance with safety and health standards and the menu plan.
- Oversees the operation of the eating and cooking facilities and equipment and ensures their cleanliness and maintenance. Reviews the meal preparation needs of the organization. Maintains an inventory of all related equipment.
- Orders food items necessary for the preparation of meals. Maintains an inventory of food and other related items. Stores food items.
- Oversees the preparation of three (3) meals per day for shelter residents.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Grade 12, plus graduation from a program in institutional or residential quantity cooking.
Training and Experience:
- Red seal cooking certification
- Three to five (3-5) years recent related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Ability to instruct individuals facing multiple barriers.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Occupational First Aid Level 1
- Food Safe certification – Level 2
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence Class 5