- Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurses
- Reports to: Site Manager, West Kelowna
- Effective Date: Open
- Last Updated: Open
Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care for the work assignment in
accordance with the competency guidelines within the Professional Standards outlined by the
College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC and the current legislative scope of practice. Assists residents to live successfully in residential settings such as emergency shelters and residential programs. Ensures that clients’ physical, emotional, social, educational, medical needs are met. Assists residents to enhance quality of life with activities of daily living and the development of life skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care to meet the needs of clients in accordance with competency guidelines with in the established standards of practice and current legislative scope of practice.
2. Shares knowledge, provides direction, assignment and supervision to unregulated care providers as appropriate.
3. Provides input regarding clients’ needs, performance and progress. Attends multidisciplinary care meetings.
4. Performs nursing care and procedures and evaluates outcomes
5. Encourages and assists clients in activities of daily living as required, such as feeding, lifts and transfers, bathing, oral hygiene and toileting.
6. Administers medication to clients and provides medication reminders in accordance with established policy and procedures.
7. Observes clients and their environments, and reports unsafe conditions and behavioural, physical and/or cognitive changes to supervisor.
8. Provides emotional support and feedback to clients and their families.
9. Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as progress notes, observations and client charting. Reports problems and/or changes to designated staff. Answers general inquiries by telephone and in person and provides direction and routine information about programs and policies.
10. Identify social, economic, recreational and educational services in the community that will meet the needs of individuals and assist them to participate as appropriate and as dictated by their desires and person centered plans;
11. Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications Education and Knowledge
- Graduation from an approved Practical Nursing Program;
- Current Registration with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia
Training and Experience
- One year of recent related experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience recognized by the
- Naloxone Training
- Food Safe certification
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/Managing Hostile Interactions
- Mental Health First Aid certificate
Instructions for submitting your application:
Clearly refer to the Job Posting title in the subject line of your e-mail and in your cover letter.
Please submit a cover letter and resume explaining how your education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities fit with the requirements for the position. Academic credentials will be verified.
Include the names of three professional references. References will not be contacted without prior approval from the applicant.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com