- Who We Are
- Continuum of Care
- Social Impact
- Community Building
- Get Involved
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Excluded
Salary: $23.10-$26.91 per hour
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Administrator completes a variety of administrative and accounting entries as needed for a large project based organization. Maintains all applicable records in an efficient and accurate manner.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for the recording of all rent payments to ensure applicable managers have access to accurate records on a timely basis.
2. Completes recurring accounting entries on a monthly basis in Sage 50 Premium Accounting.
3. Prepares deposits and assists with bank reconciliations.
4. Tracks spending information as required for funding and grant reporting.
5. Supports the donation recognition process by issuing receipts and appropriate acknowledgement.
6. Prepares various accounting summaries and reports.
7. Assists with budget preparation and annual set up for the organization.
8. Reviews costs by spend category and looks for opportunities for cost savings.
9. Works with applicable municipalities on property tax exemptions and licensing.
10. Prepares credit applications.
11. Assists with the implementation of finance projects.
12. Reconciles accounts and projects as required.
13. Provides support for other members of the Finance team and vacation/sick leave coverage as required.
14. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
· Minimum of 2 years related post secondary education or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
· Strong organizational skills
· Initiative, tact and sound judgment when dealing with day to day issues
· Ability to multi-task and work in a faced paced, environment.
· Flexibility to adapt to a variety of priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to treat confidential information with discretion
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks and resolve issues not always within the scope of the role and often outside the job function
· The ability to work as an integral part of the team
· Ability to work with other teams collaboratively and create alignment within and across groups
· Criminal Record Clearance-Vulnerable Sector-required
Training and Experience:
· Ideally a proficient user of SAGE Accounting software
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft office package (including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software quickly
· Drivers License with annual abstract