- Who We Are
- Continuum of Care
- Social Impact
- Community Building
- Get Involved
Hours of Work/Week Salary Shift Schedule 24-40 hrs/week Can be flexible based on skillset of candidate.
$23.10-$27.63 per hour
Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30
Subject to Change
Processes all accounts payable related functions for a large project based organization. Maintains vendors and accounting records in an efficient and accurate manner.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Pays all invoices for the society in Sage 50 Premium Accounting. This involves coding the source documents to the appropriate projects and accounts and ensuring timely payments to our vendors
2. Reconciles the staff Visa’s and expense forms monthly
3. Post and pay all utility payments in the general ledger
4. Creates payments for all rent supplements provided to clients.
5. Prepares payments for peers involved in our programs
6. Acts as back up to Reception to manage deliveries and visitors to the office
7. Reconciles outstanding cheques and entries and ensures records are kept up to date to that the general ledger is accurate
8. Prepares various accounting summaries and reports
9. Responds to inquiries and requests regarding accounts payable.
10. Resolves errors and discrepancies in accordance with established procedures.
11. Provides support for other members of the Finance team and vacation/sick leave coverage as required.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Knowledge:
· Minimum of 2 years related post secondary education or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
· Strong organizational skills
· Initiative, tact and sound judgment when dealing with day to day issues
· Ability to multi-task and work in a faced paced, environment.
· Flexibility to adapt to a variety of priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to treat confidential information with discretion
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks and resolve issues not always within the scope of the role and often outside the job function
· The ability to work as an integral part of the team
· Ability to work with other teams collaboratively and create alignment within and across groups
Training and Experience:
· Strong user of SAGE Accounting software
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft office package (including Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software quickly